All patients are entitled to access their medical record held by their GP. There are 3 options:
- Register for online access to your medical record.
- Request a copy of your full medical record
- Request a part copy of your medical record
Medical Record Online Access
This service is free of charge. Please see our online services page for further information
Request a copy of your Medical Record
This is called a Subject Access Request and we require patients to make the request in writing to:
The Records Manager
The Swan Practice
26 High Street
- Your full name, address, date of birth
- Full details of your requirements. If just a part of the record then please specify the date range.
What happens next
- We will respond to your request within 7 working days.
- We will advise you of the fee (maximum of £50). Payment of the fee will need to be received before the copy record is prepared.
- We will endeavour to have the record prepared within 21 days of receiving the fee and will advise if there is a delay to this.
- Due to security, we are unable to email the record.
- You will be asked to provide proof of your identity before the record is released.